woensdag 10 april 2013

Welcome!

Dear visitors,

I am happy to welcome you on my blog "Spice up! - Culinary adventures". If you aim to step out of the standard way of cooking and discover new territory which will spice up your cooking for more enjoyment, you are exactly where you need to be!

Thanks to my Mom's passion for food, culinary experiments have always been dominating our dining table (in fact, I am the worst Dutchie when it comes to Stampot and other typical Dutch "cuisines"; I have never eaten most of them!). Unavoidably, I took over this magic gene and used my international family roots and the travels I have made, to discover the large variation of flavours, creativity and cultural experiences in the world.. And I came to see that cooking is an universal art: blending in flavours, discovering new combinations, using fresh ingredients and letting your creativity flow result in a unique dish, with a hidden signature of the Picasso that made it. It ain't gotta be perfect, it ain't gotta be well-thought, it just got to be personal and peformed with conviction and joy: That's the work of a true artist.

On this blog I share food-related anekdotes, dining cultures and adventurous recipes, which find their roots in countries all around the world. Hereby I hope to share with you my passion for cooking and inspire you to make dining a simple, enjoyable moment of daily-life; which can be shared with family and friends, but can also be secretly adored by yourself.

'Cause, the way I see it, life is too short to be eating plain food..

Bon appetit!

Melanie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten